How about a copper swirl cactus Jr. Statesman!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
One more cactus pen for you guys! As you may be able to tell, this evening was picture taking time at the Seebeck house!

Anyway, here is a copper swirl prickly pear cactus Jr. Statesman. The blank looked much cooler before it was turned but I think it still turned out ok. It is more of a copper color than I could seem to capture in the picture. What do you think?

PS...I am not looking for a pat on the back. I would like your honest opinion on this rendition of the prickly pear cactus pen!

200611306429_Copper%20Cactus%20Statesman2.jpg

2006113064239_Copper%20Cactus%20Statesman1.jpg

Close-up
611306434_Copper%20Cactus%20Statesman%20close%20up.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Curtis, I know I can't make pens or blanks as well as you, now I just want to be able to take pictures like you. Pictures, to me, are fantastic and the blank/pen is outstanding. How did you get the color? It looks like a mixture of wood and cactus.

Skye

Dang man, I'd say that one is probably my favorite one so far. As Eileen said, the black ones are now at the #2 spot!

broitblat

I really like the overall visual texture. I like the way the colors in the swirl play off the lines of the cactus skeleton.

Maybe it's just an artifact of the photos, however, from the (first) picture, it appears as though the skeleton is not very noticeable on the "top" surface (under the clip). The figure there is also interesting by itself, but I guess I'd prefer more uniform skeleton or not-skeleton (does that make sense?), otherwise it looks like there are too many seperate things going on.

seht

I like it, but the red color looks flat on my pc, may be just me.

I like the vibrance of the blue one you made a little better. But certainly would be proud to show off either of these pens if they were in my posession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom