A house divided AL/AU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I asked Jonathon Brooks to pour me a few blanks for my local teams. This is a pair of them. Thanks for looking and as always let me know what you think.
alabnaubpens009.jpg

alabnaubpens008.jpg

alabnaubpens007.jpg

alabnaubpens002.jpg

alabnaubpens003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Acornelius

I talked to Jonathan about pouring me some blanks, but decided to hold off. What a mistake. Those are beautiful, well the white and crimson is. The other one is pretty damn ugly. Well let me re-phrase that - the pen is beautifuL. What it represents is pretty damn ugly.

ROOLLL TIIIDDEE!!!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Of course I don't have a clue which teams they represent, but the red/white one is very cool !!!

Brooks803

They both look great Phil. My wife will love the AU pen. She's a bit cold to the tide so we'll see if she acknowledges it at all, lol. Btw, when you can, PM me your address please. I have that other Notre Dame blank ready to send you but I can't find your address in my notes. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Great work!

Acornelius- I'll be here if/when you're ready for some blanks. Just let me know

leehljp

Member Liaison
Last month, near Memphis, I saw a fellow with a crimson shirt on with the letter "A" on it. I asked him if he was a Razorback fan. I sure got some dirty looks! :biggrin: I almost asked him if the "A" stood for Auburn, but I held back! :wink: I did have a good conversation after that! :)

Great looking colors in those pens and they will do good justice to their respective supporters!

firewhatfire

Skiprat, those would be Alabama and Auburn. Thanks folks for looking and the comments. IDP my wife is and Auburn fan and my daughter and Alabama.....I on the other hand went over to the dark side as they say in the South.

I will say this GO IRISH.

Phil

Acornelius

Jonathan - regretting my decision more and more.

For those not familiar with the Alabama/auburn rivalry it's 24/7/365. When you are born your parents decide who you will pull for. If you move to the state you have to declare which team you will pull for. No true fan would ever pull for the other team. If we win every game but the Iron Bowl, annual game between the schools, the season is a loss. If we go 1-10 but the 1 win is against auburn that's good enough for me.

God - Family and Crimson Tide!!!!

brookswife803

You did a beautiful job on both pens though I must say that disgusting red rust color would look much better in a lot of little pieces. I was quite happy to see those colors vacate my house. The AU blanks have a lifetime home here though! WAR EAGLE! AND GO TIGERS!

wizard

Phil, Both are beautiful pens made from some standout blanks....and I definitely got from this thread that the pens are truly ones that elicit strong feelings of allegiance...WOW! Reminds me of UT and Texas A&M in our neck of the woods. Great job on the pens. Thanks for showing...Doc

firewhatfire

Thanks for all of the comments. I feel like I am making pretty good progress as I have only been at this for 2 months or so. I hope my skills improve to the level of some I see here.

Thanks for looking, and the comments and critiques are always welcome.

Phil

rolltide4469

I would love to have these blanks as well. I wonder if you could put the team logos on them? ROLL TIDE!!!!!! I come from a divided house as well :biggrin:

BSea

The other one is pretty damn ugly. Well let me re-phrase that - the pen is beautifuL. What it represents is pretty damn ugly.
Ummm, I'm pretty sure it represents "National Champions". :wink:

Last month, near Memphis, I saw a fellow with a crimson shirt on with the letter "A" on it. I asked him if he was a Razorback fan. I sure got some dirty looks! :biggrin:
For those of you who don't know, and care, The Arkansas "A" is basically straight where the Alabama "A" is slanted (some might say crooked). :biggrin: JUST KIDDING!!

And I should have my Razorback blanks from Jonathon any day now.

Top Bottom