Hotel Desk set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from daledut

Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

Last weekend, while signing in at a very nice hotel, I was invited to put a desk set with my cards on the front desk for guests to use.

Here is the desk set I came up with. It is made of oak from my woods. I chose oak in keeping with the "Acorn Forest" theme. Also I didn't want anything too exotic as to need explanation or hard to get if someone orders it. Plus, even though some of us here frown on "plain old oak" many "normal" people still like it.

I used a PSI Designer kit in Titanium for durability and elegance. Got the chain at the hardware store and soldered the last bead to the nub where I grond off the pocket clip (no I did not waste the TN clip, I used a 24k one)

I still stink at photos but here are the best I came up with.

20052316555_hotel-desk-set-1.jpg

20052316616_hotel-desk-set-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Looking good Dale, hope you don't get to overwhelmed with orders. This is still suppose to be a fun thing, not work. Anthony

Fred in NC

Very nice and elegant, Dale !!

As for OAK, I have sold quite a few oak pens. Around here most people understand oak, walnut, and cherry. I would say half of my sales are in these three woods. Good thing, because I have lots of them.

Another hard to understand issue is the finish on my oak pens. For me they sell better when the customer can feel the grain in the wood. So I use wood with coarser grain, and I don't fill it and I don't overpolish them. I just sand to 600, and put finish on them.

G

Works for me.
Great job on the modification.
The pen is still prone to yank and keep ,but anything they put out would be.

daledut

First, thank you all for the compliments. It means a great deal to receive the praise of fellow artists and craftspersons.

Also wanted to update. I delivered the pen set to the hotel today. It is a very exclusive, suites only hotel, intended for couples. Next weekend is booked solid due to Valentines day. So, all I have to do now is wait by the phone and take orders[;)].

I know it wont be that easy, but I will get good exposure right away.

Thanks agian for the vote of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom