Hot Peppers!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Dried red peppers were used in this blank from Dawn. Placed on a Jr. Majestic set as ordered by the salsa making customer. A bit of CA to fill the voids and 10 coats of CA for a finish. The inside of the tubes were painted black. I used my respirator and had an open window for this one. Just when sawing it, it felt like the shop was getting sprayed with pepper spray. Added another pen I made a month ago from the same blanks. This one was painted red on the inside.

Attachments

• P7070570.jpg
    P7070570.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Pepper white.jpg
    Pepper white.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Pepper 4.jpg
    Pepper 4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Pepper close up.jpg
    Pepper close up.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 211
  • pepper 3.jpg
    pepper 3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 137
  • P6190485.jpg
    P6190485.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice job, Eric!!!!

Pepper blanks ALWAYS have some voids, you did a fine job of filling and coating!!! Your close up looks GREAT!!

Hope your customer appreciates YOUR expertise in making this beautiful and unique pen!

bgibb42

Great pen! I'm a little envious, I've wanted to make a pen from the chili peppers for some time, and this pen is the reason I'm going to take another stab at casting.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great pen! I'm a little envious, I've wanted to make a pen from the chili peppers for some time, and this pen is the reason I'm going to take another stab at casting.

Brian,

We ruined a LOT of resin and wasted a ton of pepper before we got this to work. Buy Dawn"s, it will be much cheaper!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We will sell it, but only by special order, so we KNOW you understand it's potency and will be careful while handling!!!!

IF you don't have "breathing equipment", please DON'T purchase or attempt to turn!!!

Buzzzz4

Brian,

We ruined a LOT of resin and wasted a ton of pepper before we got this to work. Buy Dawn"s, it will be much cheaper!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We will sell it, but only by special order, so we KNOW you understand it's potency and will be careful while handling!!!!

IF you don't have "breathing equipment", please DON'T purchase or attempt to turn!!!

Or I have a pen already made on my site you can buy! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

workinforwood

That is a great looking pen Eric. I have some peppers I was going to cast myself a couple pens but I have not been brave enough yet. The respirator is a good idea, perhaps some tight latex gloves would also be good.

PR_Princess

Eric that turned out super looking!! Bet that blank cleared up your sinuses!

I like really that you painted the tube black. Definitely gives the pen more depth.... more of a roasted pepper look. :biggrin::tongue:

PR_Princess

That is a great looking pen Eric. I have some peppers I was going to cast myself a couple pens but I have not been brave enough yet. The respirator is a good idea, perhaps some tight latex gloves would also be good.

The capasicin oil in the pepper seeds gave my PR fits. Several batches refused to set up, and I ended up with a potent gooey mess.

I'm not sure how Alumalite will react with the pepper seeds. Heck, go for it Jeff! What do you have to loose? Can't be any worse than mess I made! :eek::biggrin:

PenMan1

Great looking pen, Eric. And Dawn ALWAYS pours a "HOT" blank.... yours may be a little "HOTTER" than her usual stuff.
Nice Work!

Top Bottom