Hot Hot Hot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Finished this one up last week but got too busy over the weekend to post till now. It's a Black Ti Majestic FP on one of my home cast blanks with a replacement crystal in the clip. Finish was MM to 12000 and polished with Plastx. Even though I wiped everything down I still left a bit of stuff on the blank. Thanks for looking and for any comments made!

100_2570560x700.jpg
100_2576609x700.jpg
100_2593523x700.jpg

Closeup!

100_2599682x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Fantastic blank,great match with the components and the photo is first class, just the pimp crystal might have looked better then the replacement, it might be my screen but it looks orange.

SteveG

WOW! The pen and blank looks great for all the right reasons, but I am having a hard time with the color selection on the crystal. To me, it does not seem to fit. Am I just too closed minded to appreciate your artistic expression?:befuddled: Great job!
Steve

brookswife803

The photo doesn't show it really but there is a ton of orange on the blank just not as translucent as the stone. They match better in person.

Brooks803

The photo doesn't show it really but there is a ton of orange on the blank just not as translucent as the stone. They match better in person.

lol..thanks for explaining while I was out in the shop babe!

It really does look much better in person. I think the flash washed out the color in the clip some. It's a bit darker in person. I do appreciate yall's honesty though. Constructive critism never hurts :beat-up::biggrin:

Are you using a subtle technique to tell me I need to start paying for blanks? GEEZUS that's sexy.

Oh I'm sorry...was I being subtle:confused: :devil: LOL...If you want something like this Allan, yea you gotta fork out the dough. Seeing what you've been creating with my "Oops" blanks I might need to start re-evaluating my quality control :cool: :biggrin:

Phunky_2003

That is really a nice looking pen.

Your blanks just get better and better. I have a couple I have put up for special projects. One of the suspended animations and 2 others. I have those in the same hidey hole with some blanks from Roy and Jeff. Starting to build me up a special projects collection.

Very nice work all around. It's nice when you can say you made your own blanks to make the pen.

BSea

Hey Jonathon. . . . . . ummmmm. . . . . . .you know my latest order? I think I'm going to add a blank or two. :biggrin:

That is really a great looking pen.

wiset1

Another Sweet creation Jonathon! It really is difficult to capture the depth and reach on some of these pens so keep doing what you're doing and perhaps you can send out 3D glasses with the blanks and convert the standard pics to 3D for the full dynamic range, ha ha ha.

Oh yea, you can send me any of the Oops blanks you want, I'll segment and work them into my pens ;-)

Awesome as always partner

ToddMR

Very cool blank and great pen made from it. I think you did a good job all around. I am going to have to start considering getting some of your blanks.

omb76

Looks great Jonathan! I like the look of the crystal personally, maybe a black one paired with this blank next time? Fantastic work as always!

renowb

That's really nice Jonathon! How's my blanks coming along? Can't wait to see them!

Brooks803

Thanks everyone!

Hey Jonathon. . . . . . ummmmm. . . . . . .you know my latest order? I think I'm going to add a blank or two. :biggrin:

:wink:

That's really nice Jonathon! How's my blanks coming along? Can't wait to see them!

Thanks Bill. Yours are ready to ship, just waiting on another order to cure so I can make one big trip to the post office.

renowb

Awesome! I am waiting by my mailbox! :biggrin: I wish I could see a demo one of these days. You're blanks are just out of this world!

Thanks everyone!

:wink:

Thanks Bill. Yours are ready to ship, just waiting on another order to cure so I can make one big trip to the post office.

mrburls

What ever color this is (orange with black or red with black) it is awesome looking Jonathon. It almost looks red with black on my sceen, if not a red with black would be a great idea too :rolleyes:

Keep mixing up the great looking colors Jonathon.

Keith "mrburls"

azamiryou

Am I just too closed minded to appreciate your artistic expression?:befuddled:

I actually like the orange crystal. Matchy-matchy looks nice, but I think it's more creative/artistic to make a non-match work. And in my eyes, this works. (Think about a bright spark flying up from a smoldering fire.)

Top Bottom