A hot day in the garage....just one pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Even with the air conditioner running in the garage(wife has a portable unit that vents out the garage door), it still is kind of hot. Got it from a humid/hot 56%/95*F-heat index of 106*F, down to 88*F!!
Anyway, no one cares if I was trying to keep from melting.....

Made one! I know, kind of weird for me, but it is what it is. Herre is a piece of timber from a trade with someone probably a couple years back, and I just don't remember whom to give the credit to....sorry. Even with the use of HDR, it's hard to get into the swirly grain in the darker areas.....it's really there.

Buckeye Burl(naturally dark) on an Executive Clicker:

Considering I mowed and weedwhacked two yards, and then washed two vehicles, I think I deserve some rest! And maybe an adult beverage or six?

Scott (hmmm, milling in the morning) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

I don't have A/C in the gara..er, shop. Not looking forward to another sweating summer... Love the grain pattern in that buckeye. Beautiful pen.

flyitfast

Like the pen - BEB always looks good on the Long Clicker which really shows off the wood.
I have Stage 2 AC in my Studi../garage (two fans) out the open garage door. Cooled it down to right at 90 degrees today!!! :rolleyes:
gordon

Joe S.

SDB777

Nice pen! I like the kit & the wood. Is this kit the same as exoticblank's Clicker pen? I don't have AC, but my lathe is in the basement, so it is cooler.

I wish I had a basement....
The kit I use comes from David at www.timberbits.com His free shipping on $80+ orders and typically less then one week delivery is hard to beat, especially since his prices are geared towards 'savings'.

Cool pen!!:cool: I have a 2H AC in my shop (2 windows open with a box fan in one of them set on High speed) it works pretty well.

Now this is funny right here!!

Like the pen - BEB always looks good on the Long Clicker which really shows off the wood.
I have Stage 2 AC in my Studi../garage (two fans) out the open garage door. Cooled it down to right at 90 degrees today!!! :rolleyes:
gordon

I have a big fan to blow heat out, but when it gets humid and 'sticky' feeling the little AC unit gets rolled into action.

Nice looking pen Scott!

Thanks much!

I don't have A/C in the gara..er, shop. Not looking forward to another sweating summer... Love the grain pattern in that buckeye. Beautiful pen.

Sweating is good if your exercising....well no, it's not even fun then!
It's a nice piece of timber.(might have to find some more)

See there, you got it too hot and it is burned some! :biggrin:

No really, nice pen and .....go have a drink!

Had a few of those adult bottles. I think I was the one that was 'burnt'.....

NIce looking work! PS............Got the package...thanks............Jan

Cool! Glad it got there pretty quickly....hope to see some turnings soon.

Nice pen! I like the kit & the wood. Is this kit the same as exoticblank's Clicker pen? I don't have AC, but my lathe is in the basement, so it is cooler.

Google says:
Pen Making :: Ball Point Pens :: Executive Clicker Pen Kits - Pen Kits, Pen blanks, Clock Kits and wood turning accessories.
I have no idea if its the same one from exotics (which is from CSUSA if I'm not mistaken)

Yup, you found the same kit?

Thanks everyone that looked too!

Scott (counting empties.....hmmm, must have had fun) B

SDB777

My shop's got ADO and 3PF cooling.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's All Doors Open and 3 Pedestal Fans. :wink:

Got a 'portable A/C unit, but at 112*F heat index it ain't worth running it....better off staying inside! Got a hyper fan on top of the gun safe....again, why bother once the temps get that far out....

Scott (sometimes lazy pays off) B

Top Bottom