Horn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Finished this one this morning also, just before my back started to act up... gonna have to get the heating pad out...

Alternative Horn Jr Statesman .. this looks almost exactly like a piece of cow horn I turned last year, just not quite as translucent.... material from Tangboy
This material is opaque... but I colored the tubes with a paint marker (clay color) that pretty much matched the light shade of the blank... I have to say that this blank turned so much nicer than the amber... the only problem I have turning these blanks is that my lathe looks like it has a terminal case of spanish moss when I am done... that and constantly cleaning the plastic shaving... but it is well worth it... these blanks are sweet... there will be more posted when my back feels up to it...

2005119203639_HornJrStatesmanFP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

Nice looking pen, as usual. I wish I had the abilities that you have, both in turning and in scrolling. You do fantastic work.

Take care of your back, you'll need it healthy to chase off the boys...remember - you've got a daughter. And a very cute one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom