honey locust wood gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

The wife and I have been gathering, cutting, splitting and stacking firewood the past few weeks. Today while I was at work she plugged away at splitting, and restacking some of our piles of wood. When I got home from work I noticed a log laying on the steps to my shop. I came in the house and asked her what was up with the log on the steps, She replied that she thought it looked strange and I might like it...I went to investigate and found the most extreme curly honey locust that I have ever seen.Turns out this is some wood I found laying along the road when I went to visit a fellow wood turner, He said he didnt want to mess with it so I put what I could in my van and still have room for the wife and kid(offered to come back and pick them up but they wouldnt hear of it).
Right after dinner I went over and sawed a portion of it into blanks. I microwaved a blank and made a quick pen..
Half way through I had to stop and shoot a possum that my idiot dogs chased under my heating oil tanks but I think it came out ok. just another day on the farm
Locust-1_editedMedium.jpg

Locust-3_editedMedium.jpg

Pen is a chrome Saturn from woodturningz/ca finish

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

I 'wood' say without a doubt that you definitely have a keeper with that wife of yours. She seems to be looking out for you all the way around!

Very nice wood and beautiful pen.

If it isn't to late I do believe that you need to get back over to your friend's place and pick up some more of this wood. You know we all want a piece don't you! :rolleyes:

woody350ep

To me, that very closely resembles the Afzelia Xylay pen I recently did. Amazing how something domestic can mimic an exotic, isn't it?

J

jackrichington

stupid dogs? Your wife gotcha beutiful wood, and your dogs got ya possum 'fer dinner..and all you do is turn pens....HA

splinter99

Thanks for all the nice comments folks..I cut up the rest of the log today and may offer some for sale in the Individual classified tomorrow

Top Bottom