Honduras Rosewood Burl Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

I made a deal with the owner of Australian Burls. I told him to send me a burl of his choice and I would turn him a pen. He's a really nice guy. I got a package in the mail on Friday and it had a small slab of Honduras Rosewood Burl. It was 10x10x3/4. I sliced a nice piece off and turned this Jr Gent for him. It took me a good bit of time. I cut the blanks and soaked them down with thin CA. I turned it round, added another coat of thin CA. I didn't want a blow out. It was gnarly. I did this about 4x's. Sanded 400 & 600. Applied 10 coats of thin CA. Wet MM all the way up to 12000. Plastic polish and Ren Wax. I hope he likes it.

Attachments

• DSC_0416a.jpg
    DSC_0416a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 356
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Really like that pen! I love burls! What a good trade you got there. I am sure he will love the pen.

jaeger

Nice job on the pen. You can go ahead and send me the "scrap" of wood left over and I will take care of it for you.

shawnmhill

No I didn't buy the Burl. He Asked if I would make him a pen if he sent me a blank or two. I wasn't expecting the size of the slab he sent. I think I made out.

Top Bottom