Honduras Rosewood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I purchased some of WolfDancer's Honduras Rosewood Burl and it showed up today!
This was my first experience with this wood and I found it very easy to turn with sharp tools and it had a very interesting smell to it. Too hard to describe so I won't.
I did find that this was one of very few woods that I have turned that really did not need a finish of any kind at all. I sanded to 1500 grit then hit with 8000 and 12000 mm and was shocked at the final pen. Not knowing at the moment that a finish really was not needed I added my normal finish.
The next one I make I won't add a finish so that you can see what I mean.

rosewoodjs2bo.jpg

rosewoodjs2o.jpg

As always comments or concerns are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Ron,

Very nice pen!

I feel sorry that you only discovered this wood recently though. I think it is one of my favorites for almost a year now. [;)] You sure made up with the late discovery in a big way though...buying that lot must have cost you some serious dough.

GaryMGg

Dario,
We all know how generous Ron is; I bet a dollar to a donut he ends up sending some of that to various new turners along the way. Watch and see. [8D] [;)]
Kudos Ron!

railrider1920

Hi Ron,
I have to agree, very nice looking pen you have there. After I have made some of the easier pens, I think I'd like to try one like this one you posted. Would you (or someone else) please tell me what type of pen it is?

Thanks,
Rob

OKLAHOMAN

Rob its a Jr. Statesmen 22K and Rhodium posted and Ron did one h[}:)]ll of a job on it.
Originally posted by railrider1920
<br />Hi Ron,
I have to agree, very nice looking pen you have there. After I have made some of the easier pens, I think I'd like to try one like this one you posted. Would you (or someone else) please tell me what type of pen it is?

Thanks,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom