Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burl Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burl on a 22K Majestic Rollerball. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic_2.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic_2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic_1.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic_1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burlwood Majestic.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Gorgeous! I am a big fan of Honduran Rosewood Burl. Got a few more pieces of it waiting for that perfect pen opportunity...

Ken

wiset1

Love that wood on the 22kt kit Doc. Another great turn

Just wondering...what do you do with all of your pens?

PenPal

Morning here Doc.

Rosewoods sure are flattering to kits and this pen once again proves it. Going back to my serious photography years and there was 40 plus plus of them I photographed up until the 70,s in black and white. The bride demanded detail white and the most traditional groom was clad in black. So detail black was needed as well. Damn it they spent a lot of time together so the conundrum, using compromise and careful selective printing honour was satisfied.

Then in the 70,s I bought a Studio that had been continuous for over a hundred years in Australias first inland city and color weddings then later colour portraits. In this nether world I used to selectively tone prints using Cow Gum a form of rubber painted the blacks, then sepia toned the pic to get skin tone. We did not view colour as safe to use completely for a while. Prints were hand coloured and wrinkles ,physical defects were removed on the negatives using a pencil. Always wondered up until then why my Dads Army pics gave him the smoothest face taken in a studio in the 40,s.

Photography demanded tight composition, heavy competition and a lot of hard work. Now in comes digital in my old age and I notice such an accomplished pen maker such as yourself and a mug like me we have great difficulty producing a detailed pic of the Rosewoods unless they have sapwood or lighter colours.

Knowing this full well I believe your pen is magnificent and in the hand will be many times more detailed than in the pic, well made in your inevitable style.

Talking with my daughter in Utah last night she will bring me about 80 Rosewood blanks with her on the visit scheduled last day of June with us for one month.

Both yourself and Wiset 1 demonstrate that in a very short time mastery, craftsmanship is abundant in your pens and I thankyou for posting this masterpiece.
Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom