Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Honduran Rosewood Swirly Burl on a 22K/Rhodium Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen. Pictures turned out a little darker than I would have liked. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 280
  • HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen.jpg
    HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 213
  • HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    HRB Swirly Burl Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 156
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Another nice one Doc! Nice kit for the Swirly Burl! One of my favorite Burls, too!

ToddMR

Very nice rich and dark color. The swirls make me dizzy trying to follow them lol. I like it Doc! Good work.

ohiococonut

If you think you may not like the pen either you can always send it to me because I really like it a lot, really!
It never surprises me when I look at your pens. You truly are an inspiration and your standard of excellence is what I'm striving for. But just once for us newbies............could you turn and ugly pen? j/k :tongue:
Beautiful work Doc, beautiful!

SCR0LL3R

Beautiful work as always. Almost every time I see a really nice pen that interests me on the top of the forum homepage, it's your handiwork. It's always nice to see how a wood blank turns out in the end.

I had the most surprisingly spectacular thuya burl the other day and unfortunately messed it up by assembling the pen improperly, cracked the CA finish trying to get it apart and still didn't get it apart. :(

seamus7227

And another WOW! Doc, what are you using for your black background? Sure do love your photography skills, oh, pen looks out of this world too, but surely you already know this.

CharlesH

Hey Doc,

Your without a doubt the king of amboyna and hondurian rosewood burl!!! :)

That's it you dragged me into turning some, those burls are dense, oily and really nice to turn, that's it I got a turning craving. :p

Thanks for your contribution!

Charles

terryf

Stunning pen Doc, just something about that kit that exudes class and style :) adding such a beautiful piece of wood pushes it past user class!

I mostly carry a Jr Statesman with Cocobola burl and I must admit I find myself looking down on the MB, Pelikan, Omas etc types - bloody commoners :tongue:

Top Bottom