Honduran Rosewood Majestic & 50 Cal pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Well, I had some free time today to work on a couple SIMPLE pens after the whole segmented one. The first one is a Full sized Majestic turned out of Honduran Rosewood picked up from that famous "E" auction site. Standard 12000 micro sanding with plastic polish after 2 coats of thin CA and 8 coats of medium.

The second pen is made out of a spent 50 Caliber Bullet Cartridge from PSI. The shell was micro polished to 12000 grit and polished a bit past that with One Step Plastic Paste. The black projectile portion is Dawns Black Knight Polyresin from exotics...Thanks Dawn...Awesome material:biggrin:

5600809585_2cd0c4ee04_z.jpg

5601393472_11d5b99ab1_z.jpg

Feedback is always welcome...both the good and bad:eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Both pens look great. Hondurian Rosewood is hard to beat for looks.

I ended up getting a box full of the stuff for later projects. I was really impressed with the wood when I saw members here turning the stuff and I was never able to get it in time on exotics so I took the auction route. I can't wait to use it on my next segment pen.

PenPal

Tim,

Quite a relaxing exercise no doubt from cutting and pasting bits. All Rosewoods are special,
the Title Honduran conjurs up a vivid mental picture of exotic tales. This blank has deep splashes with fine birds eye much as an artist would broad brush onto canvas then stipple away round the mass. From Bush to bush you are rounding the middle, this softens the outline, more formal can be bush to bush straight.

Black is beautiful on the 50 Cal changes from the Military character to business end of writing with a blunt instrument.No nonsense construction without the need of copper and camo. Agree the polyresin conforms and is smooth as giving design with dignity to a spent round.

Very relaxing pens from different approaches to useful and attractive.

Well done mate.

Kind regards Peter.

Drstrangefart

I love Honduran Rosewood, wish I had more of it lying around. Wife got to it before I could and it's all gone. I also love the execution of the 50 cal pen. It just got added to the "I MUST OWN THAT" list.

wiset1

Great looking pens.

Is it my understanding that the brass will now have a chance to tarnish?

Dave

Dave,

I didn't seal the brass with anything other than the One Step Plastic polish so I imagine it will have a chance to tarnish with use and age. I also do some metal detecting here in Germany and I have a lot of old spent rounds pulled from the earth that date back to WWII. I've cleaned and polished those rounds about 6 years ago and they still have a shine to them. I thought about doing up a custom case that had a space for the pen round and one for the restored blank from the war to add a bit of history to it all.

Hope that helps

Top Bottom