Honduran Rosewood Copper Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I was motorcycling all weekend out in PA so I didn't get to do any turning. I was jonesing for it bad... so I turned a Cigar last night after work. I used a copper kit and some Honduran Rosewood that I scored over at Rockler last Friday. I found this bottom of the barrel board which looked like hell. I told the owner's son that this board was all messed up and wasn't worth buying. He wanted to sell it to me so he cut the price big time... like about 70% or so.

I milled the board down to blanks Friday night and they looked great! :tongue: I got a nice yield and now have plenty of them which I picked up for a very cheap price. Here are some PIX of the first blood from this board.

scimg4522.jpg

scimg4523.jpg

scimg4524.jpg

Looks nice with the copper. It's going to be a give-away pen for a co-worker.

MM-12000, Hut Crystal, Deft Brushing Lacquer, and Ren wax.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Dang Bree, you are a tough nagotiator.............first the midi lathe and now the rosewood.:biggrin: Haven't you heard, we are in tough economic times. Us poor retailers need all the cash we can get!!:wink: BTW, nice looking cigar!:cool:

Bree

Dang Bree, you are a tough nagotiator.............first the midi lathe and now the rosewood.:biggrin: Haven't you heard, we are in tough economic times. Us poor retailers need all the cash we can get!!:wink: BTW, nice looking cigar!:cool:

I wear em down!! I'm a retail-er too... a retail shopaholic!! So I have to keep prices down to do as much shopping as possible!! All money must get spent!! So it's just a question of how long can I hold out in the midst of all this wheeling and dealing!!

And I'm still here with an eye out for more deals!

The Hond. Rosewood was nothing compared to the deal I cooked on the Kingwood and Tulipwood! LOL!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Bree

Very nice score ... and the pen is neat too!

Thx! I have something new in mind for the weekend. I can't really compete against all the pen artists here so I have to conjure up new tricks to maintain interest in my little pens. So this weekend I am enlisting the aid of Martha Stewart!! Stay tuned!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Rollerbob

Ok, we'll be standing by, but please don't tell me Martha has a jailhouse tat..........that would pretty much do me in!:frown::rolleyes:

Top Bottom