Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it early this A.M. It's another Honduran Rosewood Burl with Sapwood on a Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen. I've probably done too many of the HRB pens in the last month because of my fascination with the wood. Time to go back to Amboyna :rolleyes:. I tried to bring the grain of the wood into focus in the pictures and minimize the reflection of a gloss finish. The sapwood in the blank seemed noticeably harder and more dense while turning even with fairly sharp carbide tools. I don't know if anyone else has had that experience. Anyway, comments are welcome but most of all thank you for just looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman_2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Jr. Statesman.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You make some very nice pens my friend. Every morning? and yes Honduran Rosewood burl is a very dense wood and have found it to be sappy or something. Drilling it, it gum`s up in the bit and sanding it clogs the paper.

wizard

You make some very nice pens my friend. Every morning? and yes Honduran Rosewood burl is a very dense wood and have found it to be sappy or something. Drilling it, it gum`s up in the bit and sanding it clogs the paper.

Brian,
Thank you for the compliment... Not every morning. About 4 to 5 almost every week. It helps start out my day!:) Regarding the HRB, that is pretty much the experience I have had. Makes Amboyna seem pretty easy. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom