Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Honduras Rosewood "Swirly" Burl on a TiGold with Silver Accented Cambridge Fountain Pen. Comments welcome but most of all thank you for looking. Have a great weekend. Doc:)

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 606
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,199
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl on Cambridge Fountain Pen.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 806
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

That is another beautiful pen Doc! The Rosewood color goes exceptionally well with the Gold & Silver Cambridge! Absolutely Beautiful!

PenPal

Doc,

Not sure if I can even spell it but deliniated grain comes to my mind as a fitting description.

Line apon line precept after precept covers the way you make progress in your pens.

Craftsman indeed.

Magnificent acheivement combined excellence with absolute beauty, setting the bar higher still. On a clear day you can see that pen from 6000 miles away it is so sharp.

Kind regards Peter.

wizard

Now how did I miss this??

Once again, an absolute beaut Doc!

The photos are pretty wicked too, what are you using to take them if I may ask?

Terry, Thank you for the compliment! I use a Nikon VR Macro 60mm lens with a Nikon D200 camera. The camera is mounted on a tripod with a remote shutter release to minimize vibration. I use a light box that is about 18" square. A 5000 degree Kelvin light source is directed from the side and I shoot from above the light box down. A black or red velvet cloth surface is used to lay the pen on. The texture helps to minimize stray light. I use a lint remover rolled over the velvet immediately prior to shooting to remove as much as possible of the dust from the background. A Nikon Macro Ring Flash is attached to the macro lens if the pen is dark in color.
That is probably more information than you wanted to know:rolleyes:..LOL..I apologize if it is. Regards, Doc:)

terryf

Not at all, the more info the better!

Im a Canon fan myself and shoot with a 5D and 24-70 - dont yet have a ring light but thats next on my list of things to do.

I'd actually love to get the MPE65 1-5 ratio but I dont take enough macro to warrant the expense.

Do you only use one light or do you have ambient sources as well?

I use three lights, two are daylight bulbs and the third a 5800K flood. I usually shoot at about 30 degrees down - why I dont know :biggrin:

Thanks for the info Doc!

Terry, Thank you for the compliment! I use a Nikon VR Macro 60mm lens with a Nikon D200 camera. The camera is mounted on a tripod with a remote shutter release to minimize vibration. I use a light box that is about 18" square. A 5000 degree Kelvin light source is directed from the side and I shoot from above the light box down. A black or red velvet cloth surface is used to lay the pen on. The texture helps to minimize stray light. I use a lint remover rolled over the velvet immediately prior to shooting to remove as much as possible of the dust from the background. A Nikon Macro Ring Flash is attached to the macro lens if the pen is dark in color.
That is probably more information than you wanted to know:rolleyes:..LOL..I apologize if it is. Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Terry,
The light source I use is a square light box 18" X 24" with three tubes and a diffuser cover. It produces a total of 10,000 lux which illuminates the entire light box and the room for that matter. I use the over head room light but it is not a significant source. I put in a picture of my setup..had to darken it a bit with a filter to cut down the full intensity of the light. The light is on the low setting. I hope that helps. Regards, Doc

Not at all, the more info the better!

Im a Canon fan myself and shoot with a 5D and 24-70 - dont yet have a ring light but thats next on my list of things to do.

I'd actually love to get the MPE65 1-5 ratio but I dont take enough macro to warrant the expense.

Do you only use one light or do you have ambient sources as well?

I use three lights, two are daylight bulbs and the third a 5800K flood. I usually shoot at about 30 degrees down - why I don't know :biggrin:

Thanks for the info Doc!

Attachments

• Photo Setup.jpg
    Photo Setup.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 93

terryf

Thanks Doc, plain and simple but oh so very effective :)

Nice to see you have a permanent setup. I have to set mine up each time to take a photo as I dont have the space!

Thanks for the pics.

Top Bottom