Honduran Rosewood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made early yesterday A.M. It's Honduran Rosewood Burl from Exotic Blanks on a Rhodium/22K Majestic Jr. Rollerball. The Burl is beautiful and the pictures do not do the wood justice. I tried taking the pictures on different backgrounds and finally went with my usual black:rolleyes:. Although dark, it actually seemed to bring out the grain of the wood better. I took the photographs trying to focus on the wood more than the pen itself. I didn't realize how hard or dense the wood was as it was my first time to turn it. Had fun making it. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Burl_2.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl_2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl_1.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl_1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

As usual (SIGH!!!!) top-notch turning. I wonder if your allergies to sunlight inhibit the picture taking process any. (How long do I have left before you get tired of this?) Seriously, though, the wood and the kit were made for each other. You'd be hard pressed to find a better matchup of materials.

wizard

As usual (SIGH!!!!) top-notch turning. I wonder if your allergies to sunlight inhibit the picture taking process any. (How long do I have left before you get tired of this?) Seriously, though, the wood and the kit were made for each other. You'd be hard pressed to find a better matchup of materials.

Allan, Not long...Regards, Doc

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Burl_3.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl_3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 116
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl_4.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl_4.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl_5.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl_5.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 102

Drstrangefart

Allan, Not long...Regards, Doc

Fair enough. I believe I can safely say it's run its course! Still a nice pen.

wiset1

:eek:Amazing looking pen Doc! I remember when these blanks went up for sale on exotics. I told myself I would log back in at the end of the week and buy a couple...only to find that when I did they were sold out:mad: This truly made an awesome looking pen with full grain and elegance to boot. You do some amazing work Doc

ctubbs

Once more, Doc, I find myself observing a magnificent work of art without the ability to express myself with words in English. That is a shame, too, as English is my only polite spoken language. Doc, I do not care what Allen says, do not quit. Your pens and photos are an inspiration to many of us. They hurt my feelings because I know I can never do that work, but that will not keep me from looking. I go and look at Rembrant, listen to the great composers, and look at wonderful sculptures full well knowing I'll never do anything like them. I still enjoy seeing greatness. Your pens approach that area. Thank you.
Charles

OldReg

I like the vampire jokes... Haha! Mainly because no matter how hard I try I can't get up to hang out with my dad that early. One day soon I will!

Drstrangefart

I like the vampire jokes... Haha! Mainly because no matter how hard I try I can't get up to hang out with my dad that early. One day soon I will!

I had to cover my bases. I have a gift for carrying jokes SO far that the fact that the joke is still alive BECOMES the joke. It sometimes makes people extremely uncomfortable.

Top Bottom