See more from elody21

elody21

IMG_1502.jpg

This is made to resemble Chloromelanite Jade. There are many many types of Jade

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

elody

Great work on all of them. I like the ivory one. Abit washed out photo but it looks like a good substitute for ALT. Ivory. Just one suggestion on the photos if you are going to do close ups like that you do need to wipe the pen down with a cloth to get the dust off and especially the fingerprints. Makes the photo stand out alot better. Just a suggestion.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Alice,

Just so everyone gets to know you, why not post a pic of your PMG pen? Paua shell, wasn't it??

Also the date, since there are so many making similar pens now - yours was the first, I believe.

elody21

elody

Great work on all of them. I like the ivory one. A bit washed out photo but it looks like a good substitute for ALT. Ivory. Just one suggestion on the photos if you are going to do close ups like that you do need to wipe the pen down with a cloth to get the dust off and especially the fingerprints. Makes the photo stand out a lot better. Just a suggestion.
I don't really see any dust or finger prints? The black spots are common in several types of Jade such as Chloromelanite from Burma,types of Nephrite Jade and even in some Jadite. These spots are caused by chlorite in the jade. The only really pristine clear green Jade is known as Imperial Jade. Alice

PS thanks for the suggestion on taking photos. I would love it if you could point out the fingerprints so I am more careful in the future. I am going to take the photo of the ivory pen again,maybe on a dark background so it shows up better. Thanks for the photo help Alice (Elody21)

Last edited:

bitshird

This is a great looking pen, I have cut Nephrite and Jadeite, This looks real nice and has to be sooooo much easier to make a pen from? I guess if you had a lathe with a diamond wheel tool post grinder LOL

Top Bottom