Homemade Nib, Band and finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi everyone, I decided I would make my own nib and other pen parts, all the pen is made from wood except the transmision and the brass tubes and the clip. I made the Nib, center band and the finial out of ebony and the pen is curly Koa, it was a challange but it was fun and I can see myself doing more like this, input is welcome. Aloha.

Chris

Attachments

• new pen 004.jpg
    new pen 004.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 420
  • new pen 003.JPG
    new pen 003.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 402
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

This is to cool. while visions of suger plums where dancing in my head last night. i was wondering if anyone did this? (making their own nib, centerband, and finial.) Good looking pen i might add.

ldb2000

This is to cool. while visions of suger plums where dancing in my head last night. i was wondering if anyone did this? (making their own nib, centerband, and finial.) Good looking pen i might add.

Yes several members here do make their own nibs , centerbands and finials and even clips . It's called "kitless penmaking" . Do a quick search of the forums and you will find a number of great examples . Check out my photo gallery about 90% of my pens shown there are made with my own parts made of Aluminum , Brass and Acrylic .

RAdams

Banned
SWEET PEN!

I too, am starting to "dabble" in kitless. I am still in the infant stages tho, replacing finials, and CB's and such. one day soon i plan to try to do my first kitless pen.

Top Bottom