Homemade gift for me this Christmas plus a fun keychain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brookswife803

brookswife803

So I've been helping Jonathon some in the shop making all these gifts for family and friends. (like we really NEED an excuse to turn but anyhow! :)) I decided to finally turn the PR blank I cast the other day and see how it turned out. When I made this blank I used just stuff I had laying around for the color and had an interesting result. I used some of the Testors acrylic paint, yes I know water based yada yada yada, and some regular acrylic paint for painting canvas. No thinners for the canvas paint just slopped into the cup and there ya go. :) Turns out that the regular canvas paint acrylic doesnt REALLY mix into the resin. It just turns into tiny clumps and settles to the bottom of the mold. I thought my blank was ruined but waited on it to cure in what I loving call our easy bake oven which is actually just a tiny toaster oven. Low and behold the darn thing actually hardened up and was okay to turn. It turned a bit like inlace does making a powder more than ringlets of acrylic and polished to a nice sheen. You can see in the photos where the purple paint just clumped at the bottom and the silver and blue just settled above it. I just made this into a slimline but of course had to add my "girly" curves to it to fancy it up a bit. The last photo is just a hidden compartment key chain I made with one of my favorite blanks (I did NOT make that blank though I wish I had!) Enjoy and only positive comments allowed! :) Just kidding say what you want. :)

Attachments

• 100_4187small.jpg
    100_4187small.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_4189small.jpg
    100_4189small.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_4190small.jpg
    100_4190small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_4219small.jpg
    100_4219small.jpg