Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
2006530155247_pearlcolornet.jpg

This weekend's homebrews

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Great looking set, Ed! Not all PR's are created equal- these ones look terrific! I think I like them so much because you have two shades of the same color in each blank, instead of three different colors in one blank, for example. Nice turning job, too.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by n4631x
<br />All the colors of the rainbow!! Very nice, when you say home brew does that mean you mixed your own PR?

Nolan

No, it means Dawn got drunk while mixing PR (yes, that's an LOL).[:D][:D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very productive weekend, Ed! I agree with Nils, I really like the depth of color you got with these blanks!

(BTW, sorry I've been out of touch, I'll get off my lazy --- and drop you an email.)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Very productive weekend, Ed! I agree with Nils, I really like the depth of color you got with these blanks!

(BTW, sorry I've been out of touch, I'll get off my lazy --- and drop you an email.)

E-mail if you like, always enjoy hearing from you-but I took your silence as a good sign that your health is back and you are "whipping your office into shape". Hope that's the case!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nils,
We are shooting for a nice pearly color-not too much happening in the blank. I feel that with these newer kits, the "action" is in the hardware. Neat centerbands and, moving up to the statesman and emperor, lots of gold and "decoration". So, why compete with the kit with action in your blank?

These are the first colors, we are starting a line of blanks that I will be taking to the craft shows, since I run into a lot of turners (most of whom know nothing about internet sites like this) who are interested in trying to make bottlestoppers, eggscopes and even pens (with Woodcraft kits). So, if I can't sell them finished products, why not sell the means for them to create the finished product???

Feedback on colors is very welcome!!! We want to have 10 or more available, we think the above will be among the "keepers".

doncookjr

Ed,

All of those colors look great as do the pens. Hope you make some of the home brews available to us for sale. I appreciated the blue one you sent with my last cats.

don

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bruce,

WHERE WERE YOU 6 MONTHS AGO????????

We had the BEST burgundy EVER!! (now, we can't do it again)

So, yes, now we are making notes!!!

And we WILL repeat that burgundy (just don't know how, yet!!)

fiferb

Ed, sorry. I worked in manufacturing for about a year and everyhting was about repeatability and standards. It's great to be able to make cool stuff once but try to make it over and over. Have fun![:)]

Tanner

Ed, these pens look awesome. I'm trying to find colors of NFL teams. Mine is the Vikings (purple and gold). My some loves Notre Dame (navy and gold). Lots of others. All I've seen on some sites is Green Bay colors and well, you know how I feel about those colors being a Viking fan. I think it would be cool if someone offered sports team colors. I could give those for xmas gifts and such. Just a though, if you're doing your own brews.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tanner,

Sorry, I can make any color EXCEPT Viking colors. Part of Wisconsin Assembly bill number 1 makes it illegal in Wisconsin to consort with or in any way comfort ANY professional football team from the state of Minnesota. Recent events have made for a reasonable defense against charges under this law, since the onetime great Minnesota team is now more noted for their imported lovemaking abilities, but you know, we have to have principles!!! [:0][:0][:0]

(Sent you a PM that is serious, thanks for asking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom