Homebrew Stormclouds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Finally! A pen just because. No one ordered it and I made it for the fun of it. This blank was cast in Alumilite and shows some really cool patterns. It was cast vertically. I tried it on the Orion as it shows quite a bit of blank. Not bad for an entry level rollerball as long as you change out the refill. The blank was micromeshed through all the pads and buffed with the three steps.

Thanks for looking! And Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• PC230096.jpg
    PC230096.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 371
  • PC230100.jpg
    PC230100.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Eric, That's a sharp looking pen! Your right, the patterns look great on this blank...was that due to the vertical casting?

SDB777

You using mold release to get the Alumite out of the vertical mold? Pressure too?

Sort of a zebra stripping effect going on in this, very cool pour, and a great pen! Bet you won't have it too long, those 'just because' turnings always move fast!!!

Scott (nice lines in this one) B

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Really interesting material, Eric!!!

Would look good on the Atrax (no center band pattern), as well.

One of the questions I always ask Dawn, "Looks really neat!!!! Think you can do it again??" That's the fun of "home brew"!!

Brooks803

Very cool Eric! I like the pattern too, actually, one of the blanks I recently got from you has that same pattern on the outside. Now I'm curious to know what it'll look like turned!

Buzzzz4

Very cool Eric! I like the pattern too, actually, one of the blanks I recently got from you has that same pattern on the outside. Now I'm curious to know what it'll look like turned!

Hmmm maybe I can repeat it Ed! The trick with creating these blanks it timing. You may run into the little dots you had with your first Alumilite bowl. I used the trick with shoe polish on this one and it worked great. I had very few dots to begin with, but a couple were there.

The pattern is a result of casting vertically, but more important is the timing of when you pour.

sumterdad

Looks really cool. I am curious about the end of the pen. Is that a stylus adapter or is that just the way the kit is.

Top Bottom