Homebrew II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplace

This is my latest PR experiment. I have run through almost 5 gallons of resin experimenting with getting the swirls pronounced, but yet keep them from being brittle. I believe I almost have the technique down. I am very happy with the way this batch turned out.

Emeraldswirl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

<b>Are you using 'jell enhancer'? It makes the resin jell quicker and hold the swirls and color patterns. Cure time is not altered, just the time to jell stage. The more cayalyst the more brittle...but I suppose I'm not telling you anything new (at least to yor). Your resins look great. Keep pouring and 'spear-mintin'.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
</b>

DWK5150

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br /><b>Are you using 'jell enhancer'? It makes the resin jell quicker and hold the swirls and color patterns. Cure time is not altered, just the time to jell stage. The more cayalyst the more brittle...but I suppose I'm not telling you anything new (at least to yor). Your resins look great. Keep pouring and 'spear-mintin'.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
</b>

Hey Don what is "jell enhancer" nerver heard of it or seen it??

Bob A

Yeah Don, inquiring minds want to know, what is jell enhancer? I haven't been able to get those big swirls in any of my casts yet. Sounds like something I need.

Edit: By the way Mrplace, that's a good looking pen. Well done.

mrplace

Hey Don what is "jell enhancer" nerver heard of it or seen it??

It’s not called "Gel Enhancer". There are several chemical additives (Modifiers) to change the viscosity/density of the resin without inducing the chemical reaction that cures the resin.

I just reordered resin from a supplier and I ordered some clear Gel Coat. After talking with the area sales rep, I am under the impression that this may work also, although that is not the proper application. But we are building pens, not Yachts.

elody21

If you think the resin stinks, just wait until you get the gel coat!!!! I ordered it with my first batch of resin,dyes, etc.. and the smell was so bad I started having pains in my stomach and this was with a OSHA mask for fumes on! I ended up tossing both bottles without even trying it. Be careful! Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom