Homebrew PR experiment times 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Some time ago I mentioned using the shavings from PR and other plastics to cast in PR. Here are two such examples. The first is Oxford White with aqua colored shavings. It wasn't all cookies and cream. I ran into a number of trapped bubbles because of the shavings. These had to be filled with other shavings and CA.

200592724851_SL_aquaPRmix.jpg

This one is Competition Yellow and black shavings.

200592725117_SL_yellowblackPRmix.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and comments/criticisms are always welcome. That's how I learn. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Yours look better than mine. I tried this once with purple shavings and white resin and YUK! But, yours came out much better than mine. I went to the home centers one Sat morn and collected the brass/metal dust from the key making machines and cast that in PR but the results were not postable. Neither were band saw dust or turning shavings cast in PR. Maybe I should experiment more, but... Keep experimenting and posting your reslult for us to see. Maybe someday I'll cast something worth posting, other than snake skins.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Some time ago I mentioned using the shavings from PR and other plastics to cast in PR. Here are two such examples. The first is Oxford White with aqua colored shavings. It wasn't all cookies and cream. I ran into a number of trapped bubbles because of the shavings. These had to be filled with other shavings and CA.

200592724851_SL_aquaPRmix.jpg
<br />This one is Competition Yellow and black shavings.

200592725117_SL_yellowblackPRmix.jpg
<br />Thanks for taking the time to look and comments/criticisms are always welcome. That's how I learn. [:D]

angboy

I really like the blue one. I think I see a place where a top and bottom blank meet in the middle? Or is it all one piece. It goes together so smoothe that it looks like all one piece!

alamocdc

Thanks, all! I just wish the pics actually showed how good the PR really looks, but you get a better idea from the yellow one. Angela, it is two pieces. [:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom