Home made Cebloplast FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I got one of these blanks from Keith (mrburls), and a Heritage feed and nib from Indy-Pen-Dance. Followed Georges tutorial on installing the brass bands. Here's what I ended up with. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1099.JPG
    IMG_1099.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1102.JPG
    IMG_1102.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

When I grow up I wanna be you, Dennis, George and Justin !!!! You guys are going in a direction that deservers it's own forum.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
There's just so much to like about this pen! Great work
Thanks Tim!

When I grow up I wanna be you, Dennis, George and Justin !!!! You guys are going in a direction that deservers it's own forum.
Right!!! Roy, I figure I'd better get all the pens made that I can,BEFORE you get yours running :biggrin: Although, I AM looking forward to seeing your work.:wink:

PTownSubbie

Very nice Chuck!

Looks better than when I saw it on Saturday!!!:tongue:

I am going to have to try the screw in top and bottom! Makes for a nice setup.....

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wow Chuck! That's awesome! I really need to get my shop finished so I can catch up with all you guys. Yall are leavin me in the dust!
Thanks Jonathon. Better get busy. The interest is spreading fast.:biggrin:

Oh, do I like that pen. I assume the finial is brass, too. I like the shape of it. Do you need a metal turning lathe to make the finial?
Thanks Robert. Yes, the finial is brass. I shaped it with the tool that is mounted on the post. It's kind of bulky for intricate turnings, and I haven't invested in any other cutting tools yet. I turn my metal parts on my metal lathe, because, I have one. I suppose brass can be turned on a wood lathe, with the right tools, and skills.

Very nice Chuck!

Looks better than when I saw it on Saturday!!!:tongue:

I am going to have to try the screw in top and bottom! Makes for a nice setup.....
Thanks Fred! Have at it!

Very elegant pen.
Thanks!

Another really great pen Chuck. I really like your finial, and that is an interesting clip.
Thanks Rich. It's the last I had of these clips. Wish I had 100 more.

Last edited:

bitshird

Chuck, you really hit the mark with this beauty, and to do it out of Cebloplast, is a BIG DEAL. It certainly isn't for the weak of heart, the pen is a winner on all points.

scotian12

Chuck..astonishing good looking pen in a beautiful material. It's also a tribute to George and his guidance in how to make the bands. Both you and George have inspired us to reach for a higher standard.

D.Oliver

Beautiful pen. I know I say it every time you post a pen, but I really think you need to start thinking PMG with these pens.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen.

Scott
Thanks Scott!

Chuck,
That one is stunning. Classy work!!
Thanks Cris! Very much appreciated.

Chuck, what an amazing pen! What size tap and die did you use on the center.
Thank you Hans! It is 12mm

Wow, very nice!!!
Thanks friend!

Beautiful!!! Does the cap post too?
Thank you Joe. Non-postable. Exposed threads just don't do it for me.

We come a long way in a short time. That's a really nice looking pen.
Thank you Bruce. I'm really enjoying this avenue of making pens.

Chuck, you really hit the mark with this beauty, and to do it out of Cebloplast, is a BIG DEAL. It certainly isn't for the weak of heart, the pen is a winner on all points.
Thank you Ken! It's really not that bad to work with, once I turned a couple of pieces.

Chuck..astonishing good looking pen in a beautiful material. It's also a tribute to George and his guidance in how to make the bands. Both you and George have inspired us to reach for a higher standard.
Thanks! I DO want to say that, George posted his tutorial at the right time for ME. I had already been wrestling with the bands, when I took a break, and found his thread. THANK YOU GEORGE!!

Chuck,

Another terrific winner! Very cool.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I have some darn good teachers:wink::biggrin:

Beautiful pen. I know I say it every time you post a pen, but I really think you need to start thinking PMG with these pens.
Thanks Derek! I don't think they are THAT good yet.:redface: But, I'll keep making this style of pens. Because, I really like them.

drgoretex

Well, I said it on FPN, and I'll say it again here - this is simply one of the most beautiful handmade pens I've seen. Amazing work!

You are really making me think I 'need' to get a metal lathe.

Ken

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great pen Chuck, I really love the vintage look of it! Great to see it working :rolleyes:. Very well done!
Thanks Marshall. It was certainly questionable when you saw it at Mikes.:redface:

Well, I said it on FPN, and I'll say it again here - this is simply one of the most beautiful handmade pens I've seen. Amazing work!

You are really making me think I 'need' to get a metal lathe.

Ken
Thanks again Ken. I think you really should consider that.:biggrin:

Top Bottom