Home Cast Shredded Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

I had a bag of currency I bought at a yard sale 40% coupon for michaels so I figures to try a small first cast. I got 2 blanks out of it the first I did not paint the blank so it got tossed. This is the second, I painted it black and put it on a Patriot Gold Kit. I think it came out nice and the black shows everything well.

Attachments

• IMG_2933a.jpg
    IMG_2933a.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3293.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkersten

I had a bag of currency I bought at a yard sale 40% coupon for michaels so I figures to try a small first cast. I got 2 blanks out of it the first I did not paint the blank so it got tossed. This is the second, I painted it black and put it on a Patriot Gold Kit. I think it came out nice and the black shows everything well.

You can salvage it. Run it into the bandsaw length wise just shy of the tube 4 times-spaced. Then use a fine straight bladed screwdriver and split them off the tube, clean it up and resuse. Just watch and not nick the tube end with the blade or it will be too thin then. I throw none away anymore unless a major mess up. It did come out nice.

Last edited:

ozne69

Good looking, but how did you cast the money, did you put it under pressure, not sure how you got the PR to mix with the money without bubbles. any secrets?

Seer

Good looking, but how did you cast the money, did you put it under pressure, not sure how you got the PR to mix with the money without bubbles. any secrets?

I mixed both the catalyst and resin together and added money until it was very thick almost like mud. After pouring it into the mold I put it on my scrollsaw table and let it run for about 10 minutes. I still had some very fine bubbles after turning it but from a video I watched here in the library I filled them in with CA and sanded and the sealed the whole blank with CA again and wet sanded it.
Everything I did with this blank I learned from the library and Wolftat and I want to say thanks

Top Bottom