Homage to the one that got me started

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rhall_8

rhall_8

I started getting in to turning pens when I saw a kitless jade and tortoise pen someone had created. So, after a couple of years of accumulating tools and practicing, I decided to give it a try. Right off the bat I couldn't find alt tortoise, so I went with some alt jade and alt briar from Exotic Blanks. I put a #6 ruthenium plated JoWo nib in it, and a black Ti triton clip from Exotic Blanks. The section is black acrylic for now, as it is my first truly successful/useable section. I may upgrade it to briar later. Sorry for the poor photography, I'm working on it :)

Attachments

• IMGP0012 (2).JPG
    IMGP0012 (2).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMGP0015.JPG
    IMGP0015.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP0016.JPG
    IMGP0016.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMGP0039.JPG
    IMGP0039.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 161

OZturner

Nice Work, rhall 8,
Love the Profile, Line, and Proportions of your pen, and Your Fit and Finish.
I think your pen may show a different colour in the flesh, compared to what we see in the photograph.
Considering you mentioned being impressed by a Jade and Turquoise Pen and not being able to obtain those materials, you have chosen materials that were available.
I feel you have to be ever so careful when choosing different materials for a pen Body and Cap, that they do complement each other.
With only the photograph to go on, IMHO I don't feel that the materials suit each other, the body appears to be too submissive against a dominant Cap.
This is only my opinion, others may have completely different thoughts.
That is what makes this Craft so interesting and challenging.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom