Homage a Gisi-Redux

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

my, my, another splendid pen..it's getting so I know it will be splendid before I even look..shock & awe

Kaspar

Eric, Great work on this one!! Really like all the different elements! This one is Spot on!!:cool:

The various elements might seem odd -they do to me, but "odd" fit the tastes of the first person I made one for, and it is modeled on one of the Gisi pens I saw a while back. If I can get permission, I'll post a picture of that far better pen on which this one was based.

Rifleman1776

I get in trouble whenever I comment on this type of a pen. So, what's new?
IMHO, a pen like that is a demonstration of the high level of craftsmanship of the builder. It stands as an example of what can be done with imagination, skill and patience.
OTOH, I think it is super ugly. Clownish and way-way too busy. Nothing pretty or elegant about it at all.

Kaspar

IMHO, a pen like that is a demonstration of the high level of craftsmanship of the builder. It stands as an example of what can be done with imagination, skill and patience.
OTOH, I think it is super ugly. Clownish and way-way too busy. Nothing pretty or elegant about it at all.

No trouble from me. I feel the same way about some of the pens that excite so many here. Excellent level of craftsmanship, but nothing I would ever want. Some think them very clever, I think they're too clever by half, kitschy, or just a bad idea, though well executed.

Myself, I just don't comment on them.

I doubt I would have made another one of these unless someone had ordered it. So the motivation was purely mercenary. But I made some money doing something challenging, and I did learn some things that will be helpful with other pens. On those grounds alone I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

Rollerbob

So Frank, how do you really feel about this pen?:biggrin:

Rollerbob

The various elements might seem odd -they do to me, but "odd" fit the tastes of the first person I made one for, and it is modeled on one of the Gisi pens I saw a while back. If I can get permission, I'll post a picture of that far better pen on which this one was based.
Eric, as far as I'm concerned, permission granted. Would like to see the model.

JohnU

Absolutely Beautiful! I love the diamond wood and acrylic segs. I was hooked when I seen the
Gisi pen and I think your execution is top notch! Very inspiring!

Last edited:
Top Bottom