Holy Fraxinus Batman - An apple polisher!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

A friend gave me a black ash burl that his grandson had collected in a northern Ontario forest. The lad is in university studying biology and forest management. He wanted a pair of pens, one for himself and the other to give to his professor. An apple polisher if I ever met one.
I chose the Cigar Click kit:

1__10061-2_Click-Cigar-Gold_Black-Ash_1.jpg

The burl was quite small and loaded with worm holes requiring lots of filling. I added the latin figuring it would go over big with the prof.

1__10061-2_Click-Cigar-Gold_Black-Ash_2.jpg

Hope I spelled it right. I'd hate to cost the lad precious marks. I'm getting to like this click kit. Think I'll play with a little customization.
Comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Larry,
I agree Brown nosed is appropriate for the Professor perhaps you have different expressions in Canada.

Seriously two beautiful pens that are a credit to you looks also as if insects like this timber as well as we makers the way you tastefully rectified this was sympathetic in colour and execution.

Kind regards from down under. Peter.

Love the pen and the puppy.I have a couple of min pins too,They are awesome dogs. If you are looking for an adventurous pet then you got to get one.They will definitely keep you busy.

Everywhere is north of here!

Northern Ontario, eh? Any idea where?

Andrew

I believe the lad attended Laurentian University up in your neck of the woods Andrew. They also have a cottage in the Perry Sound area and live in North Bay. Not sure where he got the burl. From where I sit in Colchester, everywhere in Ontario is north, except maybe Pelee Island and we can see it out in the lake.

Thanks everone else for the positive remarks.

ctubbs

I don't know about what the kid will get Larry, but you get to show the entire class your beautiful pens. Congratulations on the save. Many of us would have trashed at least one of the blanks. With your fill, they are gorgeous.
Charles

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A lesson in geography for you, Bud! Laurentian U is in Greater Sudbury. That's a full days drive or more from Andrew!

Nice pens though!:party:

Top Bottom