Holly rose pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

I posted a Ebony rose pen and said that I would do one in Holly, so here it is. I like the Eboy pen better, to each his own.

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 333
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gallianp

"How in the heck did you do that???"

Shhhhhhhh! It's a secret..... If he told you he would have to kitz you!!:party:

Russell Eaton

First turn the blank proud of the bushings. Then, remove and take to the Laser Engraver and have designed burned in all the way to the tube. Fill upper part of the stem with dental wax. Then tape of the rest of the stem with painters tape. Fill the rose (design) with fine glitter of choice. Then apply thin CA very carefully. Hit it with accelerant; let harden. Then, fill above the wood with thick CA. Remove the tape and wax and repeat process for the stem. Be very careful with the stem so as not to wash the glitter out of the stem when applying the glue. Repeat the CA process. Return to lathe and turn. Finish with CA glue. Tip: Fine glitter must be used to be able to penatrate deep enough in your design and not leave voids. I tried using medium CA but it did not work well.

dustmaker

Very cool. You are way out of my league, but someday I am gonna learn how to do this kind of stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom