Holly oak on Cameo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I brought this holly Oak back from England and just love it! the grain has a gold shimmer to it and it turns really nice. There are splits from time to time and this one I filled with bronze powder.

First time making a Cameo twist. not sure if I like it or not, found it quite fussy to assemble and had to replace the spring with a stronger one. Also, the bottom is over turned but it's perfect to the bushings.

Finish is CA.

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalepenkala

Nice piece of wood! I tend to agree with you about the kit. Not sure if I like it either but it's a different looking pen and sometimes different is good!

plantman

Steve; Fantastic grain in the wood !! Realy great closeup photos that show the true beauty of the wood. Excellent fit and finish. I also am on the fence about overall shape of this kit. Time will tell. Jim S

PenPal

I brought this holly Oak back from England and just love it! the grain has a gold shimmer to it and it turns really nice. There are splits from time to time and this one I filled with bronze powder.

First time making a Cameo twist. not sure if I like it or not, found it quite fussy to assemble and had to replace the spring with a stronger one. Also, the bottom is over turned but it's perfect to the bushings.

Finish is CA.

Hi mate I like the pen considered I would reverse the bottom chrome piece to give aq better shape to the pen toward the nib at this stage it looks to turn back rather than complement down I have not seen this pen kit before.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom