Holly Jolly Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

Something for my wife to sign Christmas card.

Holly with green slimline kit from PSI. CA Finish.

Thanks for looking.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Attachments

• Holly Christmas Pen.jpg
    Holly Christmas Pen.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Humm, very interesting.

I'd be interested on how that finish would hold up.

Nice Pen, btw...

The CA on the holly should hold up well.

The color plating on the hardware is not a finish I would sell (unless a customer absolutely insisted). But these kits are fun to play around.

This one only really has to survive addressing a few hundred Christmas cards this year. LOML will expect another one next year. After all, by then it will be tradition. :wink:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This one only really has to survive addressing a few hundred Christmas cards this year. LOML will expect another one next year. After all, by then it will be tradition. :wink:
She expects a new pen every year? How do I get a deal like that, my wife expects a new pen every week.:confused: I am interested in what the metal finish can actually stand up to, will it last a year?

THarvey

She expects a new pen every year? How do I get a deal like that, my wife expects a new pen every week.:confused: I am interested in what the metal finish can actually stand up to, will it last a year?

Neil,

I don't get off with just one per year, but at least she doesn't expect one each week. :biggrin:

The kit is the PSI color chrome. It comes in red, blue or green. I have a pen with the blue finish that I have used more than a year. It is the "visitors" pen on my desk at work.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The kit is the PSI color chrome. It comes in red, blue or green. I have a pen with the blue finish that I have used more than a year. It is the "visitors" pen on my desk at work.
Sounds like they hold up. I may have to give them a try.

THarvey

Sounds like they hold up. I may have to give them a try.

The blue plating is thicker than the green. I have had to use a small drill bit to clear the excess plating out of the nib so the ball point will fit through. I just use the drill bit by hand like a reamer.

BTW: Woodturningz sells the same kit, too.

Top Bottom