Historical Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikes pens

mikes pens

Quite a while ago, I was watching the movie Mutiny on the Bounty when I got the idea of researching the history of the Bounty. Hours later, I had searched the genealogy of Fletcher Christian to a person called Meralda Warren. I then got in touch with her and arranged to have her send me some wood from Pitcairn Island. Pitcairn Island is a very remote island and is the place where the mutineers from the Bounty settled. She sent me two types of wood. They are Miro (beautiful reddish brown colours)and Tau(dark black, lightening to khaki tan wood). Coconut wood is also available as is Pulau wood (which is white), Tamanu, Breadfruit, Avacardo and Pride of India wood. Drift wood occasionally found on the shores is sometimes available. The picture is of the wood I was sent:

2008323212252_Pitcairn%20wood.jpg

You can get in touch with her at her web site:
http://www.maimiti.pn/

I think a price of about $6.00 to $10.00 a blank is fair (plus shipping). Remember, she doesn't have all the tools we have to make the blanks. Treat her kindly as she is related to a Tahitian Chief (Maimiti)and is a good person.
Mike

Top Bottom