Hippo tooth razor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I'm not sure if this should go in this forum or not. If it belongs somewhere else, please let me know. It's a Mach 3 razor kit and the handle is made from a hippo tooth I had. I was going to turn it, but thought it would loose it's character.
The tooth was just waxed and buffed (maybe I should have used toothpaste:big grin:?)

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Hippo tooth razor.jpg
    Hippo tooth razor.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. It does have some weight to it, and with the shape, it is comfortable. Definitely not for a small hand!

Take care all.

elkhorn

Used my new hippo tooth razor last night. While it may not have the feel of the blank that firewhatfire posted, it had enough bite to get the job done. Hey, what do you expect on a slow Saturday morning:big grin:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

firewhatfire

If you have another tooth make you a shaving brush out of it and have a crazy cool set.

Your blank is that awesome cool factor also.

Used my new hippo tooth razor last night. While it may not have the feel of the blank that firewhatfire posted, it had enough bite to get the job done. Hey, what do you expect on a slow Saturday morning:big grin:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

elkhorn

Thanks, Phil. Wonder what we'd get if we collaborated and segmented your oosic with my hippo tooth?

I haven't made a shaving brush before. Would that work with something as small as the diameter of the tooth? Thanks for any help.

firewhatfire

Hippo teeth come in all sizes. I have wanted to make a pen out of one for some time. almost ordered a couple about a year ago.

Thanks, Phil. Wonder what we'd get if we collaborated and segmented your oosic with my hippo tooth?

I haven't made a shaving brush before. Would that work with something as small as the diameter of the tooth? Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom