Hill Country Iron Wood ,' Lavander Lightning'.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

About a month ago I bought some blanks from Curtis and he threw in some worthless wood for me to play with, I think this was Texas Ironwood, If not it should be as it was sum of a $^&%#@%*&$@@^* to turn. It blew apart twice and I finaly just glued it back and then cast it in Bk. PR to fill the cracks the C/B is birdseye maple.The picture is right on as to the color very dark brown with black highlights
Thanks Curtis, I've changed the subject line and as requested here is a close up and your right it finishes nice, and you need SHARP tools.

200854212541_1.jpg

200854223544_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Roy,

I would like to see a close-up if you have one. The wood I sent is one I call Hill County Ironwood. That is what the locals call it but its real name is Capul Negro. You are right, it is EXTREMELY hard to turn but can look stunning when finished. Glad youenjoyed it so much:D

Galanw

That's a beauty. I haven't been keeping up on the new pen kits. Which one is this?

OKLAHOMAN

Kit is called the Long click pen, Mfg. by Daycom the same company that makes all of CSUSA's and sold by Aaron Lau AKA "makaiolani" on the forum, see his ads in the business classified.
Cav. thats no way to speak to you Elders.
Originally posted by Galanw

That's a beauty. I haven't been keeping up on the new pen kits. Which one is this?

Top Bottom