High Sierra Flats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Finaly went back into the shop. Got so far behind taking two weeks off to cure my tendinitis. Well, that didn't help, so screw it. My as well be happy in pain, than miserable in pain.

Here are a couple of Sierra flats and a snake skin Sierra.
Thanks for looking, comments required if you l[:eek:)][:eek:)]k :D

20051016213828_sierra_flats1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Sierra Flats....that was a town that Little Joe went to looking for some guys that stole some Ponderosa horses on one of the Bonanza episodes I watched yesterday while working in the shop. Didn't know they sold pens there also. [:D]

They look great Anthony....I've got some ordered as soon as BB has some to ship out...looking forward to make some of the High Sierra pens...wow, High Sierra, that was another western that showed during the days of yesteryear.
Happy trails... to you... 'til we meet.... a---gain.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Don, when I went to CA. in eigth greade to visit my cousin who worked on the Bewitched set, I met HOSS and shook his hand, that was one BIG Cowboy [:D]

See ya Kimosabe [:D]

Deere41h

Well I looked at them so......per the instructions I now have to comment. Is that home brew on the Sierra Flats? I like the colors.

The more I see these pens the more I like them. Now If we could only get a few kits. Seems that you have bought them all up. Want to share some with the rest of us?

As usual nice pens Anthony!

gerberpens

Sorry about your pain Anthony, but your pain is our gain. Those are some nice pens.

I notice that the acrylic blanks are a little "proud" of the metal bands(or that they taper to the bands) I know that you meant to do that, but my question is ... "Does it feel good/balanced/etc. in you hand?"

I have turned one sierra and turned it down to the bushings. After assembly it seems "less proud" of the metal bands. I think I like the looks of your better than mine.

Just curious.

PenWorks

John, the blanks are from Martin at Woodbin, he has some nice blanks. Real pain to sand the flats though. I have been selling the rounds for 45.00 but I am uping the price on the twists and flats 10.00, to much hand sanding. I didn't buy them all, but bought my share [:D]

Gerber, the flats are proud, they are taperd a touch, but I cut the flats on the big side. you don't feel it, same with a twist Sierra, because your hand is holding the black nib

Brent

Well I looked so here goes, I really like the snake skin and the colors in the other two. but for me the jury is still out on these kits. Its odd that I look at these somtimes and think that I like them and somtimes I don't. Yours look very nice, "Question" What kind of ink cartridge do these have and are the black parts metal painted with enamel or some other material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom