The Hiatus is Over!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

It's been forever since I've made a pen let alone post one! I've had quite a bit of medical issues that kept me from turning. Here are three that I've had done for a while, but am just now getting photos taken.

First up is a Rhodium & Black Titanium Sierra with Black Ash Burl. CA finish.

DSC04883 (597x700).jpg DSC04885 (573x700).jpg DSC04886 (583x700).jpg

Next is a Chrome & Black Titanium Aero Click made with Gmelia Burl. CA finish.

DSC04887 (537x700).jpg DSC04889 (589x700).jpg DSC04891 (577x700).jpg

Last up is a Full Size Gent in Rhodium and 22kt Gold. Made with Stabilized Buckeye Burl. Satin CA finish.

DSC04895 (538x700).jpg DSC04897 (598x700).jpg DSC04898 (613x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

Incredible pens. I also went to the photobucket page, and could not stop admiring your work. Wow, amazing talent. So glad to see you back turning!! Thanks for sharing. Hope your health is fully restored again, all the best.

Cwalker935

Impressive work. I really like the black ash burl. On the gmelia burl, the close-up seems to be a lighter color. Which of those pictures best represent the color of the gmelia? It has a beautiful grain pattern.

JohnU

Glad to see your back Jonathon! But sorry to hear you were down. Hope all is well with you. I have to admit, after I seen the pens I had to look again to see it was you who posted them. I expected some of your wildly full of character over the top resin creations (lol) but those are beauties! I am and always will be a wood guy at heart, even though I work mostly with resin. Beautiful work (as always)!

Last edited:

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's good to be back!

Impressive work. I really like the black ash burl. On the gmelia burl, the close-up seems to be a lighter color. Which of those pictures best represent the color of the gmelia? It has a beautiful grain pattern.

Good eye! The closeup is considerably lighter. The first two darker pics are more accurate to the actual color.

Glad to see your back Jonathon! But sorry to hear you were down. Hope all is well with you. I have to admit, after I seen the pens I had to look again to see it was you who posted them. I expected some of your wildly full of character over the top resin creations (lol) but those are beauties! I am and always will be a wood guy at heart, even though I work mostly with resin. Beautiful work (as always)!

Thanks John! Yeah I felt weird not posting a resin creation. Sadly I've only turned 1 resin pen in several months. That's the kitless I just posted. I've cast a couple thousand blanks during that time, but no turning.

D.Oliver

Brooks803......the name seems familiar. I somewhat recall it from way back in the day. For some reason the words Vintage Blue come to mind.:tongue: All kidding aside, great pens Jonathon.

turncrazy43

Jonathon, good to see you back. Hope all of the medical issues have been resolved successfully for you. By the way the pens look great.

Brooks803

Thank you all for the kind words!

Brooks803......the name seems familiar. I somewhat recall it from way back in the day. For some reason the words Vintage Blue come to mind.:tongue: All kidding aside, great pens Jonathon.

Thanks Derek. Mmmmm...vintage blue. Rings a bell :cool:

I didn't think they had wood blanks in Aiken, someone told me they just grow PR.(LOL)
Tey look good Jonathon, glad to see you back.

lol...we're known for our SilmaBurl and Alumiwood :tongue:

Its good to be back. Sadly though it looks like I might have to take another little break. One of the side effects of one of my recent illnesses is I'm about to lose most of my fingernails. If its not to painful to grip my turning tool I'll be happy.

Jonathon as usual beautiful work. Great to have you back in the saddle. I can't wait to see what else you have in the pipeline.

Thanks Mike! I've got a bunch of projects half finished. Just need to get them done. One being my pith pen! Hope your back is doing better!

Top Bottom