Hi, Sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodTurns

a handful of Nolans 2nds (better then most 1sts!) All DI Burl, and yes, I forgot to wipe fingerprints[B)].

20081200839_DI%20Sierras.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Great looking pens! I usually fill my small voids with CA and sawdust, Obviously that would bnot work here. Can you tell me what you filled with and if it sanded easily?
Thanks

GoodTurns

Gary-
I actually pulled the blank out of the trash can when they announced the penturners challenge this week...had a huge blowout while turning, figured I would try something. I had some crushed turquoise from some stoppers I made a while back, lacking a pressure pot setup, I layered it in with CA. worked pretty well, though not thrilled with the overall result.
Jon

Tanner

Nice fill jobs!! Beautiful pens! I bag up a lot of my shavings in different bags for fill. I have yet to use any. I have to give this a try. Yours look awesome!

GBusardo

Thanks Jon, I kinda figures thats how you went about it. From here the pens look great, but I can understand you not being thrilled, we are all our worst critics!! [:)]
Next big order I make I think I will get some crushed something and give it a go. I am battling a blank now for three days, sad to say, I am beginning to get used to the battle.

GBusardo

Thanks Jon, I kinda figures thats how you went about it. From here the pens look great, but I can understand you not being thrilled, we are all our worst critics!! [:)]
Next big order I make I think I will get some crushed something and give it a go. I am battling a blank now for three days, sad to say, I am beginning to get used to the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom