Hi quality mechanical pencil kit???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from philipff

philipff

Customer wants a pen and pencil set for a gift. She asked for a pencil that would match the pen. I am at a loss since I have never made a high quality pencil kit. Any ideas?? What gives you the best result? P.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

79spitfire

I've got several Pentel/Foray conversions out there all with no complaints. If the set has to match there is no matching pen.

txbob

Here's a matching set....

Here's a Pentel pencil conversion and matching slim-line pen done in red oak. The pen is done in the longwood style with a Pentel clip.

Bob S.

Attachments

• Pen.jpg
    Pen.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 161

magpens

That's a lovely matched pair, Bob !!

I assume the pen is a twist pen. What is the tube size? Do you replace the refill by unscrewing the nib tip?

Last edited:

txbob

That's a lovely matched pair, Bob !!

I assume the pen is a twist pen. What is the tube size? Do you replace the refill by unscrewing the nib tip?

Thanks for the complement.

It's a standard slim line twist pen. The body is two pieces of wood, with the junction at the top of the top finger grip groove. It's called a "longwood" design where the nib piece of wood doesn't cover all of the bottom 7 mm tube. To change the refill just pull the two halves apart, like any other slim line. The design has been around for years. I'll post pictures tomorrow that will show the two halves separated.

Bob S.

magpens

Thanks, Bob. I get it ... no need to post another pic. I had never heard the term "longwood" applied to a 7mm slimline style pen before but I can see how appropriate it is now. You obviously need a long drill bit to drill the top barrel. I'll have to try that style.

Top Bottom