Hi from N. KY with pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cbatzi01

cbatzi01

Hi,

My name is Chris and I have been lurking around here for a few months and thought I should post something! I live in northern Kentucky, right across the river from Cincinnati. I have been turning (bowls, hollows, chess pieces) for about 4 years, and started turning pens almost one year ago, and yes, I am addicted.

I have found this forum to be amazingly helpful. Thanks to all of you frequent posters, especially akbar and nolan. You guys have been excellent suppliers of advice and burls in the last few months!

I thought I would start by posting a pen I turned for my brother. It is supposed to be evocative of a guitar neck. The pen kit is a Jr. Gent II in rhodium. The wood is pau ferro with cherry/aluminum/cherry inlays, and aluminum dots. Turning this pen caused me to realize I was allergic to pau ferro :(

As always, all comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcome!

1_IMG_2463.jpg
1_IMG_2464.jpg

Thanks!
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Hey Chris,

That is a beautiful pen!!! You did a great job and I know that your brother is going to love it! Keep up the good work!

Nolan

Chris awesome pen and thanks for the kind words, looking forward to seeing more of your work. Oh yah and selling you burl LOL :biggrin:

Top Bottom