Hi from Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

Hi guys, wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I live in Cartersville, GA which is just a little northwest of Atlanta. I started turning pens this past Fall, and have been totally addicted ever since! Have recently branched out into bottle stoppers and getting ready to turn my first peppermill this weekend. Also made my first pendant this past weekend and I can see that there will be more of those coming!

I've been checking out the site and have got some great information from ya'll. I've attached a couple of pictures of pens I've done too.

Hopefully be chatting with ya'll some more!
Dave

Attachments

• Sierra Clicks.jpg
    Sierra Clicks.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Peridot Sedona.jpg
    Peridot Sedona.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gad5264

Welcome and it looks like you are doing great work already. You will find many helpful and very friendly people around here. Make sure you check out the library as there are many useful tips and tricks there.

omb76

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm going to have to join woodturners anonymous pretty soon, this is definitely addictive!

Andy, I'm just a little north of Cartersville off 41, but work in Kennesaw off Chastain.

hewunch

Welcome to the addiction... er um.. Group, yeah, group. I am just ~ 3.5 hrs from you in Ware Shoals, SC

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Dave! Great looking pens. You are ready to contribute to this forum with pen skills like that.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. You are beyond most of this but some of it might be helpful.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

There will be some new links coming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.

omb76

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and helpful links! I'll contribute my limited knowledge when I can and looking forward to learning alot from you guys.

Top Bottom