Hi all - my pens on a website

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Geophyrd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I think it's great! Pretty cool that your county does that and great to be featured on there. Makes me wish there was something like that in my area.

bitshird

Great county to live in, one that actually promotes artists and artisans, (I think that means craftspersons) Congratulations a nice little Bio.

robutacion

Great county to live in, one that actually promotes artists and artisans, (I think that means craftspersons) Congratulations a nice little Bio.

Yeah, I notice that...!

There has been some "friction/unresolved argument/image problem/society "butter rubbing" and political correctness, between artists and craftsman for hundreds of years and getting worse.:frown:

There is this "perception/idea" that, craftsman are a "second category" from "artists", while this could not be further from the truth, others address the situation by calling craftsman, "artisans".

I don't particularly like this political correctness, nor the fact that they (the referred site) didn't allow you to use the word craftsman. This exemplifies exactly what I'm talking about...!:mad:

While I appreciate and applaud those that take the time to gather as many people from their area and promote them, allowing extra exposer that would be rather difficult otherwise, I would not allow myself to be included, unless I could identify myself as for what I am, and that is a craftsman and not an artisan (not the same as craftsman) or artist.

I know that, this issue has had a dedicated thread in IAP for some time and I have posted my thoughts in it but, and with all due respect to everyone, and not wishing to start another discussion in here, I believe very appropriate to use this original post to demonstrate some of the points I've made on the issue and clearly evidentiate by the OP words and sentiment.

Nevertheless, I congratulate Geophyrd for his bravery in such exposure...! Good luck mate...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Geophyrd

Wow

I never thought of myself as brave before...lol

BTW, more pens up there now. And they corrected the price on that yellow trustone. That one pen took me HOURS to make. The acrylic kept melting on the lathe...

Top Bottom