Hey, OLY....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Well, when I paid a visit to BB, I walked out with some Olympia's and some cherry picked wood. This is the first time I made one. I shorten the top cap by 3/16 per the instructions let you do that. Bill had some nice snakewood. The assembly can be a touch tricky with the transmission holder. I wish it were made a touch longer for grasping power inside the tube. Overall, I like the feel and smallness of the pen. Customers keep asking me for smaller pens as most of mine tend to be larger. Thanks for looking, CA finish on the snakewood in hopes to keep it together for more than a day :D

200582820054_oly_snakewood.jpg

Some of BB's new colors, Magenta and orange in Black Ti Oly

200582820935_oly_orange.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Good work Anthony, as usual. If you have customers that want small then you may want to give the mini euro a try. I've been making them lately because of a request by someone that wants several small pens for Ladies and for kids. I really like them. The only down side to me is that you either need a step drill or you need to play around drilling the bottom blank twice with two different size bits.

woodscavenger

I like the Oly pen but looked at one recently and the finish on the clip is coming off. It is the first of any of my pens to do that. Now it was my daily driver for several months. I do like the kit and like the addition of the Ti. I always forget to install the transmission coupler in the top tube and end up having to fiddle around to press it in through the CB. They still work well. I do like to do a tenon on the bottom so they are not so slender. I think they make a nice medium pen with that adaptation. I only wish it was a parker refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom