Hey Mate ! Pretty Hairy & Green

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Christmas came early for me yesterday. I recieved a nice care package from my bud Serge, down under. One blank really got me going and that was the Hairy Oak, so I had to stay up late last night and work this in after doing some order work. Thanks mate ! [:p]

2005128153014_emp_harryoal_cl.jpg

2005128153123_emp_harryo_op.jpg

A chocolate / green Emperor

200512815325_emp_grnmint_op.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Dan, the pen cases are from AMI, they come in a single, double & tripple, the Emperor fits in them. The retail price on them is 35.00, 40.00, 45.00 . They are top quality cases.

airrat

Anthony that looks great. After seeing the blank I was wondering how it would look.

You going to turn that burl you showed me anytime soon? [:D]

PenWorks

Yeh, Tom and the wife and that beautifull new baby they made, stopped by the office yesterday. I wanted to turn it last night, but it was allready after midnight finishing up these pens and some snake skin pens I had to make. Maybe some more fun tonight [:p]

Nice to meet you and the family Tom.

PenWorks

John, there are those that open presents Christmas Eve and those that open Christmas morning. I am a Christmas Eve type guy, so I couldn't wait ! [:D] I opened it as soon as I got it.

Thanks all for the comments.

If I could have gotten away with saying I did my first glue lam, I would have tried [:D] I sweated bullets the whole time drilling and cutting the cap, as there was no room to spare on the blank size and there was only one blank like that.
What's up with that Serge, you could have sent me two, assuming I might screw one up [:D]

JimGo

Anthony, I've held of posting 'cause I can't decide which one I like better. The hairy oak is really cool, but that chocolate mint is a stunner! Typical, beautiful work!

M

Mudder

Me-thinks I need a friend from Oz.

That oak pen is stunning.

Deere41h

Anthony...That Hairy Oak is awesome!! The chocolate mint is still one of my favorites. Very nicely done as usual. Have you ever thought of doing the Emperor in a closed end? I think that would look really neat.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />nHave you ever thought of doing the Emperor in a closed end? I think that would look really neat.

Probablly not, I really like the end cap and design on the pen.
Don't think I would pay 40.00 for the kit and pitch the cap. Since a Statesmen is the same size, I am going to do that one first, when I get some time.

Darley

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br /> I sweated bullets the whole time drilling and cutting the cap, as there was no room to spare on the blank size and there was only one blank like that.
What's up with that Serge, you could have sent me two, assuming I might screw one up [:D]

[:D] Anthony I know that you got a very good dexterity second to none but never though you will make an Emperor on a 3/4" square blank, this is a real challenge, both pens look good, I like them

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Beautiful work, Anthony.

Not surprisingly, I favor the "plastic", but the other stuff is nice, too (you say that's wood! What, does it grow on trees, like money???)[:D][:D][:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
Not surprisingly, I favor the "plastic", but the other stuff is nice, too (you say that's wood! What, does it grow on trees, like money???)[:D][:D][:D]

Ed, at the price for nice wood blanks, now I know where the saying comes from, "money gorws on trees" ! [:D]

Darley

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />

Ed, at the price for nice wood blanks, now I know where the saying comes from, "money gorws on trees" ! [:D]

Money ? well last year I dig 5 holes in the back yard and put 5 $ 100.00 bank note and nothing shouting out yet [:D] now here's is the photo of the Hairy Oak, you will understand why we call it HAIRY

2005121524738_Hairy%20oak%20wood.jpg
<br />

200512152488_Hairy%20Oak%20stopper.jpg
<br />

2005121524835_Hairy%20Oak6.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom