Hey Doc, this one is for you! Amboyna Burl on Black Ti Retro Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

As some of you know, Doc has made quite a lot of amboyna/hondurian rosewood burl pens and this one made me think of him! :biggrin:

Here is it, 25 something coats of med CA, lots of eyes on all the faces, a wonderful piece of burl! Such a pleasure to work with.

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnails.

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

HOLY SMOKES!!!!
THAT IS BADA$$(PARDON MY FRENCH)

CHARLES, YOU HAVE FAR SURPASSED ANY CA FINISH I HAVE EVER SEEN. YOUR CHOICE OF WOOD AND KIT ARE WAY ABOVE SPOT ON!

CharlesH

Thank you very much but it's all about the wood!!! I am after some blanks with 100% eyes, I only turned one amboyna burl pen so far, it's a great start! :biggrin:

Charles
HOLY SMOKES!!!!
THAT IS BADA$$(PARDON MY FRENCH)

CHARLES, YOU HAVE FAR SURPASSED ANY CA FINISH I HAVE EVER SEEN. YOUR CHOICE OF WOOD AND KIT ARE WAY ABOVE SPOT ON!

wizard

OK... Charles, You went way over the top with this one. That is an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL PEN !!! I love that amboyna with the wall to wall eyes. The finish is your usual incredible work... like glass... Thanks for thinking of me. .....by the way....do you have a counter you "clicky" each time you apply a coat of CA :biggrin:. Best Regards, Doc:)

Last edited:

mrburls

Absolutely Beautiful Charles. You done right by my all time favorite wood burl. And your finish, what more is there to say about that :rolleyes:

Keith "mrburls"

Stunning !

Awesome looking pen!!!! I love working with Amboyna, It's a very workable wood and the aroma it gives off when you cut, shape, and sand it is great. It reminds me of a very good cigar, nice and smooth. My everyday pen is made from it. You do great work. I enjoy clicky the thumnails to view your work. Fantastic finish also. Do you over turn the end a bit to make up for the thick coat of CA ?

wizard

Charles, I notice myself coming back to this post and looking because the wood and pen are unbelievable! Where do you get your amboyna from??? Doc

Last edited:

CharlesH

Awesome looking pen!!!! I love working with Amboyna, It's a very workable wood and the aroma it gives off when you cut, shape, and sand it is great. It reminds me of a very good cigar, nice and smooth. My everyday pen is made from it. You do great work. I enjoy clicky the thumnails to view your work. Fantastic finish also. Do you over turn the end a bit to make up for the thick coat of CA ?

I turn my blanks just a little shy of the bushing, let's say 1/64".

Charles

bitshird

I'm sorry, but I can't think of a suitable set of words in any language I know, so I'll just make one up . That pen is Supertotallyoverthethetopspellbindinlyawesomemuibonito

Top Bottom