Hesitate to show this But it is a milesone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

After seeing the Cartridge pens Rherrell just posted I'm not sure I want to post mine! I'm posting this because it is the 25th pen I have made. I've commited to make three more of these for family than I can move on to something else. This is out a piece of Elk antler my SIL got at a yard sale for $.50. Beautiful antler. the picture doesn't show it but there is light pink marbled through the antler.

mini-pen_25_7-2008.jpg

mini-pen_25-2_7-2008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
So according to your stats, you make 21.6 post per pen made.:wink:

Not bad, if I totaled mine up from here and The Pen Shop I'm sure I make a lot more than that per pen.:biggrin:

Your pens are looking nice and I'm sure that the family will love theirs.

PaulDoug

So according to your stats, you make 21.6 post per pen made.:wink:

Not bad, if I totaled mine up from here and The Pen Shop I'm sure I make a lot more than that per pen.:biggrin:

Your pens are looking nice and I'm sure that the family will love theirs.

So, what you are saying is I need to spend less time here and more time making pens.. I also visit The Pen Shop and Pacific Northwest Pen Turners Assoc. forums and post there. But you see, I'm a poor person and it is cheaper to look and discuss than it is to make! :)

stoneman

Paul,
Nice job. I like the looks of elk antler, but it ani't so easy to come by here in the east. I saw a gnawed up medium size elk antler the other day but they wanted something like $75 for the one side - too rich for my blood.
BTW - I like your antler finial as well.

Last edited:

Skye

I think it's a good looking pen man.

Very good move on the finial. Don't know how many antler finials I have seen on a bullet pen, if any.

One personal suggestion, I'd get a spare casing with the tube in it for your mandrel. Use it as a bushing. There's a slight size difference in the top of the casing and the bottom of the antler. I think the closer to a match these are, the better the look.

Top Bottom