Herringbone 360

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kstrauss

kstrauss

Herringbone 360 with Celtic knot , I thought I would try this since I have never seen it before.

Attachments

• DSC04126.jpg
    DSC04126.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 602
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichF

That is a beautiful pen. Great job. The segments look really tight.

My only question is why you didn't enter it in a Bash contest???

booney0717

Outstanding pen! I love the segmented pens but i dont have the patience for it my self and never could get the segments tight enough for my liking. yours looks flawless. Nice work.

RichF

Ken, I do see you are new here. Take a look around the Bash threads. There are a lot of events, and a couple of them are still open for pen submissions. It is a great way to get involved and have some fun.

kstrauss

Thank you all for the good comments on the pen, this is the fifth 360 I have made and after I trimmed the ears off I saw that It was nearly flawless. I got the brain storm then and thought about adding the Celtic segments knowing very well I could be screwing up a good 360 blank by cutting it up four times. Luckily it turned out , thank you again

kstrauss

wow! did you make the herringbone pattern also? looks awesome
Yes I made the Herringbone pattern , this is the fifth herringbone for me , the first four were made of 1/4" x 3/4" x 3/4" to make the glue up easier and less pieces. This pen is 1/8" x 3/4" x 3/4" with more pieces and a little harder to glue because of less surface to keep everything square.I made a jig to glue some of the steps to make the six piece layers and made extra layers so if one didn't fit exactly I could change it out with a different one before I glued them up. Thanks for asking

Hubert H

Ken, You have given us something to shoot for. Not sure I will ever hit it but it sure will be fun to try. I to wonder about a close up. Regardless - reallllllllyy NICE!

SDB777

I'm not a big "Click-the-Like-button" kind of guy, but you get a 'click' from me one this one! Be interesting to hear the 'work flow details' that got you going on this one?

Well done!

Scott (I'd ruin it) B

kstrauss

I will give more photos later (close ups) , I can,t right now since I entered it in the contest. It was touch and go to get in in since I posted a photo prior to entering it . thanks for the comments , kstrauss

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I will give more photos later (close ups) , I can,t right now since I entered it in the contest. It was touch and go to get in in since I posted a photo prior to entering it . thanks for the comments , kstrauss
This pen did follow the guidelines as posted in the contest as it statesnot to be shown prior to Feb. 1st in the rules. The intent was pics of it would be posted by ME after that date and I failed to clarify that in enough detail in my clarification in the next sentence. It is a matter of technicality and the pen will be allowed to be entered. Future contests that I may run will be clarified in more detail. If anyone wishes to converse on the matter please do it via PM and I'll gladly discuss it.

Landon

Last edited:
Top Bottom