Herringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Been on my list for a while and finally got one finished. Pattern in cap is 360 degree herringbone. Looks the same from any view.

2008119173831_HBClosed.jpg

2008119173921_HBOpen!.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Top marks for sure!!!!! A 360 herringbone has to be one of the trickiest and time consuming glue ups imaginable. Very well done Bruce.:D

avbill

What wood did you use? It looks like ebony and maple.

Well if I could make such a beautifully pen -- practice, practice and practice!

Bill Daniels

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks to all for your comments. The woods are ebony and maple. I actually have made attempts at this with 3 different techniques. Will consider a tutorial when I have at least one of them perfected. I will say that my technique does not lend itself to making a profit. Took about 10 days to make the blank and that was after figuring out how to do it. With all the early failed experiments and mock-ups, I probably have more than 30 hours in this but the techniques could lend themselves to some interesting designs. More to come...

Freethinker

Originally posted by BRobbins629

Thanks to all for your comments. The woods are ebony and maple. I actually have made attempts at this with 3 different techniques. Will consider a tutorial when I have at least one of them perfected. I will say that my technique does not lend itself to making a profit. Took about 10 days to make the blank and that was after figuring out how to do it.

Hey, Bruce, fantastic pen.

BTW, are we any closer to seeing that tutorial describing how you did it?

I'd love to try a pen like that.

OKLAHOMAN

Wow 30 hours on the blank and I thought that the snakewood I've been working on the last 7 days was a lot (Avg about 30-45 min per day). Beautiful!!!!

Top Bottom