Here's what happens when you mess up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

I started out to make one pen but when I drilled the lower barrel I was a hair out of center.

There is a fair amount of work making the segments so rather than scrapping the blank and starting over I repositioned the blank and drilled it with the larger (upper barrel) bit. Perfect, the larger hole was nice and centered, but then I had two tops! I'll bet you can figure out the rest of the story!:)

These are both Jr Statesmen, one gold, the other black titanium. Both pens are bright red and gold amboyna burl with blackwood segments finished with CA.

As usual, constructive comments are welcome.

200781545330_segment-states-jr1.jpg

200781545347_segment-states-jr2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

The pens look great. The wood choices are really nice. And, the segmenting/laminating is excellent. I'm not sure which is more difficult, the segmenting/laminating or the drilling. Excellent work on both.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />I started out to make one pen but when I drilled the lower barrel I was a hair out of center.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
George,

The pens are beautiful, but you COULD have made them with "Plain" barrels and they would have been outstanding, also.

Just a thought in case you have the same difficulty again some day.

CaptG

Awesome job, George. But now I am beginning to really feel insecure about my penturning abilities. And I thought I was the "advanced" turner in this pen swap. Hope you are not to disapointed with this trade,lol. I know I am not.[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom