Here's one I just turned tonight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from turff49

Status
Not open for further replies.

turff49

This is about my 4th pen now. As you can see, I need a 60 degree center as the top barrel is just a little out of round. I noticed it on the first one I turned. None of these are that noticeable unless you are looking for it when holding it. My wife and neighbor couldn't tell until I pointed it out. This is Afzelia burl with sapwood. Easy to blowout while turning. I found out the hard way.

Thanks for looking Brian

tn_afzeliaburl1_edited.jpg
tn_afzeliaburl2_edited.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

It's hard to tell that it's out of round from the photos. But, the photos are really dark. I would highly recommend that you go to the photography forum and look at the threads about building a light tent. These appear to be lighted with only the flash, which will kill just about any pen photo. There is almost as much to learn about photographing these little jewels as there is learn about making them.

turff49

Thanks for the tip on reading the Photo forum. I'll set up a light box this weekend and or get one of those "Studio's in a box". I like the way they take down so I'll probably drop the coin for one. I'll start getting better pics so I can get some feedback on the pens. I'm suppose to do a couple of Sierra's tomorrow after work. Thanks Again, Brian[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom